The little things in life matter. It may seem cliché, but it’s true. Something that initially seems insignificant can quickly become the biggest game-changer in a relationship. A relationship is a two-way street. When your partner does something small to make your life easier, you need to show gratitude for it. If you don’t, you can forget about it continuing to happen. Keep reading to learn 10 easy ways to be thankful for the small things, including getting a date night box delivered to your door.
The Little Things Matter to Your Relationship
It is easy to be thankful when your partner shows affection and appreciation with a grand gesture. But, do not underestimate the everyday things your partner does for you. Soft words of affection or encouragement that are whispered when no one else is around, a sweet gift left for you to easily find or a simple loving gesture can all exemplify how much your partner loves you.
If you take an honest look back at your relationship, there’s a good chance that the most memorable moments are based on small actions rather than grand gestures. These things communicate respect, effort and listening to your partner. They hold rich meaning and promote intimacy and connection.
10 Tips on How to be Thankful for the Small Things
Do you have a tough time noticing the small things your partner does, let alone being thankful for them? You are not alone. The pace of our lives and the fatigue which plagues us at the end of the day make it difficult to stop and smell the roses.
Your personality may also draw you to the big picture, and overlook the minute details. If you fall into this category, it’s time to stop the excuses and start practicing how to notice the little things. Here are some tips to help you out:
1. Slow Down: Small details can be easily overlooked in the rush of an ordinary day. Intentionally reduce your pace and look around at everything around you.
2. Partner Watch: Instead of staring at Netflix, spend time watching your partner, instead. What does your partner spend time on? What is important to your sweetheart.
3. Improve your Listening Skills: Remove the headphones from your ears and focus on your partner. Tune in to what your sweetheart says. Understand the meaning behind his or her words and remember it.
4. Mix It Up: Routine helps life run efficiently, but it glosses over the details. Reorder your morning and take notice of what stands out. Change up the bedtime ritual to see what comes to light. When the details are highlighted, you can truly notice them, which gives you the opportunity to be thankful for them.
5. Record It: Putting pen to paper cements details in our minds. Every day, jot down three small aspects of your partner that you are grateful for. Watch how your love grows as the list grows!
6. Mind Your Senses: Sight, smell, touch, hearing and taste will all provide plenty of information for you to consider and show gratitude for. Pause long enough to notice the way your meals taste or how the flowers in the garden smell. If you aren’t responsible for these sensory sensations, then your partner is. Enjoy it and express thanks for it.
7. Note the Big Picture: The big picture of your life is made up of small details. So, you need to consider both. As you get used to noticing the small details, keep in mind how they relate to the big picture. Keeping your perspective clear on both helps you stay focused on what’s important.
8. Celebrate: Grab your partner and celebrate all the good happening around you. Whether it’s a beautiful sunny day, mastering a skill or tackling a daunting task, celebrating the small joys in life will help you appreciate all you have.
9. Express It: Verbalizing your gratitude for the small things expresses your admiration and appreciation for your partner. Sincere compliments make your significant other feel admired and loved.
10. Create a Habit: Practice these tips regularly. As you do, you develop your ability to see and appreciate all the small details around you.
Practice Thankfulness With a Date Night Box
There’s a lot to be thankful for when you get a date night box:
- It takes practically no time or order.
- It does the date planning for you.
- It allows you one night to slow down and focus on your partner.
- It costs less than eating out at a restaurant.
- It allows you to connect with your partner on an emotional level.
- It is the perfect way to show your gratitude to your partner.
Here’s one more reason to be grateful for a date night box: This month you get 15 percent off your order when you use the code THANKFULTHURSDAYS. Just go to Datelivery and place your order.